Laboratory of Galenic and New Galenic Preparations
The laboratory was formed in 2017 on the basis of the Asymmetric Synthesis Laboratory under the structure of the Scientific and Production Center "Armbiotechnology" NAS RA. The laboratory is engaged in the development of industrial technologies for the production of galenic and new galenic preparations from the least investigated endemic medicinal plant raw materials and the organization of their serial production.
RESEARCH MAIN DIRECTIONS
- Obtaining and investigating some highly active galenic and new galenic preparations
- Phytochemical characterization of plant raw materials for the detection, separation and quantitative evaluation of biologically active compounds in them
- Development of industrial technologies for more active medicinal preparations from medicinal plant raw materials, obtaining of samples and certification
- Introduction of the developed technologies for the production of phytopreparations and launching of the corresponding galenic preparations
MAIN INVESTIGATION RESULTS
- Isolation and purification methods of native BAS, some vitamins, tinctures, water-alcoholic extracts and plant oils obtained by cold pressing have been developed and certificated.
- More effective technologies for extracting amygdalin from bitter kernels, crystal lycopone from bulgarian pepper and BAS from oyster mushroom have been developed.
- Analogs of isolated BAS have been obtained by chemical modification.
- Biological activity of the isolated BAS and their modified analogs has been evaluated.
- Highly active medicinal oils (milk thistle, sea buckthorn, black and white sesame, apricot, peach, etc.) and preparations (black cumin, round-leaved wintergreen, chaga mushroom, etc.) as natural hepatoprotective, antitumor, analgesic and cosmetic products are produced by the developed methods and are widely used in the treatment of cancer , liver, stomach and other organs diseases and in cosmetology. The secondary products of their processing are in high demand in cattle breeding and poultry as multivitamin feed additives rich in micro- and macro elements.
MAIN OBJECTIVES AND TASKS
- Development of highly efficient technologies for isolation and purification of native BAS (extraction yield > 85 %) from medicinal plant raw material
- Obtaining of galenic and new galenic preparations and implementation of biomedical research
- Clarification of the yield dependence of BAS isolation on the vacuum processing of raw materials and their extraction in inert gas flow
- Clarification of the yield dependence of BAS isolation on the extraction by the method of vacuum-pulsation
- Development of methodology for antioxidant and biomedical investigations of extracts
LIST OF GRANT PROJECTS
- 18T- 2I168 “Development of the method for complex processing of plant raw materials for obtaining eco-friendly food products, feed additives and galenic preparation”, 2018-2020, (Project Manager: S. Dadayan, DSc).
- 13-03-90600-ARM-a, No.13RF-050A “Asymmetric synthesis of non-proteinogenic amino acids via radical intermediates stabilized by metal ions”, 2013-2015, (Project Manager: Academician of NAS RA, Prof. A. Saghyan).
- АА-005 “Investigation of bromine substituted amino acid complexes in asymmetric aldol condensation reactions. Development of a universal method for obtaining new β-oxy amino acids ”, 2011-2012, (Project Scientific Advisor: S. Dadayan, DSc).
- H.R. Petrosyan Determination of Antioxidant Activities of Water-Alcoholic Extracts from Red Clover (Trifolium pratense), Caper (Capparis spinosa) and Bokhi (Hippomarathrum crispum) // Oxidation Communications, 2019, v. 42(1), pp. 33–38.
- А.С. Дадаян, Л.А. Степанян, А.Р. Петросян, А.С. Погосян, С.А. Дадаян Безотходная технология комплексной переработки плодово-ягодного растительного сыръя // Химия биологически активных веществ, ХимБиоАктив, 2019, стр. 242-244.
- S.A Dadayan, L.A. Stepanyan, A.S. Dadayan, M.B. Gasoyan, H.R. Petrosyan, A.S. Poghosyan, A.O. Tsaturyan Round-leaved wintegreen (Pyrola Rotundifolia) as a valuable medicinal plant raw material // Chemical Journal of Armenia, 2018, v.71, No. 4, pp. 65-633.
- H.R. Petrosyan, S.A. Dadayan, A.S. Dadayan, L.R. Vardanyan, R.L. Vardanyan, R.S. Harutyunyan Antioxidant activity of extracts of oyster mushroom (pleurotus ostreatus l.) and bulgarian pepper (capsicum l.) // Oxidation Communications, 2018, vol. 41, No. 3, pp. 403-411.
- S.A. Dadayan, A.S. Dadayan, L.A. Stepanyan, G.C. Hovsepyan, H.R. Petrosyan, M.B. Gasoyan, A.M. Hovhannisyan and E.A. Kalashnikova Amino acid and mineral composition of the aboveground part of Chamerion angustifolium (l.) Holub // Chemical Journal of Armenia, 2017, v.70, No. 4, pp. 558-564,
- S. A. Dadayan, H. R. Petrosyan, A.S. Dadayan, L.A. Stepanyan, A.S. Saghyan Extract from leaves and seeds of milk thistle as source amino acids, macro and microelements // Issues in theoretical and clinical medicine, 2017, v. 20, No. 6 (117), pp. 55-57.
- Hambardzumyan A.A., Mkhitaryan A.V., Paloyan A.M., and Dadayan S.A. Covalent immobilization of D-Aminoacylase of Strain Rhodococcus armeniensis AM6.1 and the Characteristics of the Biocatalyst // Applied Biochemistry and Microbiology, 2017, V. 53, No. 1, pp. 20–24.
- Hambardzumyan A.A., Mkhitaryan A.V., Paloyan A.M., Dadayan S.A., Saghyan A.S. Catalytic Properties of Aminoacylase of Strain Rhodococcus Armeniensis AM6.11 // Applied Biochemistry and Microbiology, 2016, V. 52, No. 3, pp. 250–255.
- Dadayan S.A., Grigoryan N.Yu., Dadayan A.S., Poghosyan A.S., Saghyan А.S., Hambardzumyan A.A. The construction and stereoselective synthesis of new derivatives of 2-aminopropionic acids // Chem. J. of Armenia, 2015, v. 68, No.1, pp. 71-80.
- Дадаян A.С., Дадаян С.А., Погосян А.С., Сагиян А.С. Синтез и исследование новых хиральных NiII-комплексов основания Шиффа бета-аланина // Хим. ж. Армении, 2014, т. 67, № 2-3, стр. 233-238.
- Сагиян A.С., Погосян А.С., Дадаян С.А., Дадаян А.С., Хрусталев В.И., Белоконь Ю.Н. Новый подход к асимметрическому синтезу энантиомерно и диастереомерно чистых β-окси-a-аминокислот // Хим. ж. Армении, 2014, т. 67, № 4, стр. 405-410.
- A.S. Saghyan, H.I. Hakobyan, A.V. Geolchanyan, S.A. Dadayan, E.G. Paronikyan, A.S. Noravyan and H.A. Panosyan The enantioselective synthesis of new substituted 5,5-dimethyl-4,7-dihydrothienopyran containing Erviniacarotovora Involved in Transamination of Phenylpyruvate // Biochemistry and Microbiology, 2013, vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 106-112.
- Saghiyan A.S., Petrosyan S.A., Manasyan L.L., Geolchanyan A.V., Dadayan S.A., Panosyan H.A., Maleev V.I., Khrustalev V.N. A new approach to the efficient method for the asymmetric synthesis of (S)-o-, m-, p-fluorophenylalanines and their 2-methyl-substituted analogs // Synthetic Communications, 2011, vol. 41, pp. 493-506.
Saghyan A., Dadayan S., Poghosyan A. Production method for (S)-2-N(N'-benzylprolyl) aminobenzophenone // RA Patent No. 2548 A, 2011.
Abstracts Presented at Conferences
- H. Petrosyan, S. Dadayan Antioxidant activity of extracts of oyster mushroom (Pleurotus ostreatus L.) // Book of articles and abstracts of I International Scientific Conference “Current State of Pharmacy and Prospects of its Development”, Yerevan, Armenia, November 1-3, 2018, pp. 46-47.
- H. Petrosyan, A. Dadayan, L. Stepanyan, S. Ghazaryan, M. Gasoyan and S. Dadayan Development of an effective method for separation of crystalline Licopene from herbal dried raw materials // Book of abstracts of International Scientific Conference of Young Researchers, Yerevan, Armenia, September 28-30, 2017, pp. 70-71.
- H. Petrosyan, A. Dadayan, L. Stepanyan, A. Poghosyan, M. Gasoyan and S. Dadayan New dry extracts of herbal origin containing essential amino acids // Book of abstracts of International Scientific Conference of Young Researchers, Yerevan, Armenia, September 28-30, 2017, p. 69.