Laboratory of Asymmetric Catalysis
Laboratory of Asymmetric Catalysis was founded in 2019 on the basis of the Laboratory of “Synthesis of Non-Protein Amino Acids and Peptides”. The latter was created as a result of the consolidation of the laboratories of Biomimetic Catalysis (2013) and Synthesis of Peptides (2011). Laboratory of Asymmetric Catalysis studies the synthesis of new chiral metal complex catalysts and organo-catalysts and produces potentially biologically active substances by the catalytic method.
RESEARCH MAIN DIRECTIONS
- Obtaining, studying and exploring possibilities for application of chiral metal complex catalytic systems
- Synthesis of catalysts based on anions and cations of chiral metal complexes
- Development of enantioselective methods for obtaining optically active synthons of different types: alcohols, amines, amino acids and their derivatives, as well as nitrogen and oxygen containing heterocycles obtained by asymmetric stoichiometric synthesis and catalysis
MAIN INVESTIGATION RESULTS
- Obtaining of octahedral chirally charged stereochemically inert CoIII ion complexes and their study as catalysts in C-C bond generational reactions
- Development of the method for asymmetric synthesis of new analogs of α-substituted propargylglycine containing triple bond in the side chain radical
LIST OF GRANT PROJECTS
- Best Talent Scholarship - award for the best poster presentation in II Scientific Conference “Frontiers in Chemistry”.
- SCS MES RA 18T-1D317 “Synthesis of new enantiomerically enriched amino acids containing 1,2,3-triazole groups substituted by Click reactions”, 2018-2020 (Project Manager: Academician of NAS RA, Prof. A. Saghyan).
- SCS MES RA 18RF-073 “Programming and construction of catalytic systems of asymmetric synthesis based on electrostatic and hydrogen interactions between polyions with low molecular weight”, 2018-2020 (Project Manager: Academician of NAS RA, Prof. A. Saghyan).
- RFBR mol-nr No. 17-303-50021 “Chiral enols associated with the Ni ion as reagents for the asymmetric formation of C-C bonds”, 15.01.2018-15.06.2018 (Project Manager: Yu. Belokon).
- ISTC #A-2289 “Synthesis and screening of a new generation of optically active non-proteinogenic α-amino acids, peptides and polymers containing unsaturated groups in the side chain.”, 2017-2020 (Project Manager: Academician of NAS RA, Prof. A. Saghyan).
- Calouste Gulbenkian Foundition Travel Grant No. 145902, Porto, Portugal, October 14-16, 2016.
- SCS MES RA 15T-1D260 “Synthesis of enantiomerically enriched unsaturated α-amino acids using cross-coupling reactions”, 2015-2017 (Project Manager: Academician of NAS RA, Prof. A. Saghyan).
- SCS MES RA 13-1D051 “Asymmetric synthesis of new optically active non-protein α-amino acids with unsaturated acetylenic bonds”, 2013-2015 (Project Manager: Academician of NAS RA, Prof. A. Saghyan).
- YSSP-13-33 “Obtaining new effective chiral catalysts of cationic nature and their study in the reactions of asymmetric synthesis”, 2013-2014 (Project Manager: A. Mkrtchyan, PhD).
- Anna F. Mkrtchyan, Ani M. Paloyan, Liana A. Hayriyan, Armen S. Sargsyan, Anna S. Tovmasyan, Ani J.Karapetyan, Artur A. Hambardzumyan, Nelli A. Hovhannisyan, Henrik A. Panosyan, Hamlet N. Khachatryan, Ani S. Dadayan and Ashot S. Saghyan. Synthesis of enantiomerically enriched non-protein α-amino acids and their study as aldose reductase inhibitors // Synthetic Communications, 2021, v. 51(9), p. 1433-1450.
- Anna F. Mkrtchyan, Liana A. Hayriyan, Ani J.Karapetyan, Anna S. Tovmasyan, Avetis H. Tsaturyan, Victor N. Khrustalev, Victor I. Maleev, Ashot S. Saghyan. Using the Ni-[(Benzylprolyl)amino]benzophenone complex in the Glaser reaction for the synthesis of bis α-amino acids // New Journal of Chemistry, 2020, v. 44(28), p. 11927-11932
- Marta A. Fik-Jaskółkaa, Anna F. Mkrtchyan, Ashot S. Saghyan, Rosanna Palumbo, Agnieszka Belter, Liana A. Hayriyan, Hayarpi Simonyan, Valentina Roviello, Giovanni N. Rovielloc. Biological macromolecule binding and anticancer activity of synthetic alkyne-containing L-phenylalanine derivatives // Amino Acids, 2020, v. 52, p. 755-769.
- Anna F. Mkrtchyan, Ashot S. Saghyan, Liana A. Hayriyan, Armen S. Sargsyan, Ani J. Karapetyan, Anna S. Tovmasyan, Avetis H. Tsaturyan, Ella V. Minasyan, Artavazd S. Poghosyan, Ani M. Paloyan, Henrik A. Panosyan, Lusine Yu. Sahakyan. Asymmetric synthesis, biological activity and molecular docking studies of some unsaturated α-amino acids, derivatives of glycine, allylglycine and propargylglycine // Journal of Molecular Structure, 2020, v. 1208, p. 127850
- Marta A. Fik-Jaskółka, Anna F. Mkrtchyan, Ashot S. Saghyan, Rosanna Palumbo, Agnieszka Belter, Liana A. Hayriyan Hayarpi Simonyan, Valentina Roviello, Giovanni N. Roviello. Spectroscopic and SEM evidence for G4-DNA binding by a synthetic alkyne-containing amino acid with anticancer activity // Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 2020, v. 229, p. 117884
- Saghyan A.S., Mkrtchyan A.F., Mardiyan Z.Z., Hayriyan L.A., Belokon Yu.N., Langer P. Synthesis of Enantiomerically Enriched Non-Proteinogenic α-Amino Acids Using the Suzuki Reaction // ChemistrySelect, 2019, v. 4, No. 16, pp. 4686-4688.
- Hayriyan L.A. Synthesis of a new enantiomerically enriched α-amino acid using the Glaser reaction // Chemical Journal of Armenia, 2019, v. 72, No. 1-2, pp. 60-65.
- Hayriyan L.A., Mkrtchyan A.F., Moskalenko M.A., Maleev V.I., Gugkaeva Z.T., Ilyin M.M., Babievsky K.K., Dorovatovskii P.V., Khrustalev V.N., Peregudov A.S., Belokon Yu.N. Nickel-coordinated chiral enols and Michael addition intermediate stabilized by the Ni-C bond //Menedeleev Commun, 2018, v. 28, No. 5, pp. 464-466.
- Parpart S. Petrosyan A. Shah A. Adewale R.A. Ehlers P. Grigoryan T. Mkrtchyan A.F. Mardiyan Z.Z. Karapetyan A.J. Tsaturyan A.H. Saghyan A.S. IqbalLanger P. Synthesis of optically pure (S)-2-amino-5-arylpent-4-ynoic acids by Sonogashira reactions and their potential use as highly selective potent inhibitors of aldose reductase // RSC Adv, 2015, v. 5, pp. 107400-107412.
- Мкртчян А.Ф., Геолчанян А.В., Симонян А.М., Петросян С.Г., Сагиян А.С., Малеев В.И., Белоконь Ю.Н., Хрусталев В.Н. Синтез положительно заряженных комплексов Co(III) и их исследование в качестве хиральных катализаторов в реакциях асимметрического генерирования C-C связи // Хим. журн. Армении, 2015, v. 68, № 1, pp. 108-121.
- Saghyan A.S., Simonyan H.M., Petrosyan S.G., Mkrtchyan A.F., Khachatryan L.V., Geolchanyan A.V., Samvelyan M.A., Ghochikyan T.V., Kelzhanova N., Saginayev A.T., P.Langer Asymmetric Synthesis of Enantiomerically Enriched α-Amino Acids Containing Furans, Thiophenes and 1,2,4-Triazoles in the Side-Chain // Z. Naturforsch. B. 2014, v. 69b, pp. 451-460.
- Maleev V.I., Skrupskaya T.V., Yashkina L.V., Mkrtchyan A.F., Saghyan A.S., Il’in M.M., Chusov D.A. Aza-Diels–Alder reaction catalyzed by novel chiral metalocomplex Brønsted acids // Tetrahedron: Asymmetry, 2013, v. 24, pp. 178-183.
- Kuznetsov N.Yu., Maleev V.I., Khrustalev V.N., Mkrtchyan A.F., Godovikov I.A., Strelkova T.V., Bubnov Y.N. A New Method of Synthesis of 6-Substituted Piperidine-2,4-diones from Homoallylamines //Eur. J. Org. Chem, 2012, v. 2012, рp. 334-3442012.
- Белоконь Ю. Н., Ларионов В.А., Мкртчян А.Ф., Хрусталев В.Н., Ниджланд А., Сагиян А.С., Годовиков И.А., Перегудов А.С., Бабиевский К.К., Иконников Н.С., Малеев В.И. Новый тип катализаторов асимметрического образования связей С-С на основе хиральных стереохимически инертных катионных комплексов СoIII // Изв. Акад. Наук, 2012, стр. 2231-2240.
Abstracts Presented at Conferences
- Hayriyan L., Mkrtchyan A., Saghyan A. Asymmetric synthesis of new enantiomerically enriched unsaturated α-amino acids by promotion of cross-capling reactions // VI Scientific Conference of the Armenian Chemical Society (with international participation) “Challenges of the XXI century”, 7-11 October, 2019, Yerevan, Armenia, p. 103. (Poster Presentation)
- Hayriyan L., Karapetyan A., Tovmasyan A., Mkrtchyan A., Sargsyan A., Saghyan A. Asymmetric synthesis and biological activity of some unsaturated α-amino acids // International Conference “Microbes: Biology & Application”, October 9-11, 2019, Yerevan, Armenia, pp. 52-53. (Poster Presentation)
- Hayriyan L.A., Mkrtchyan A.F., Belokon Y.N., Saghyan A.S. Synthesis and reactivity of chiral enols coordinated with Ni2+ ions and a case of a Michael adduct intermediate stabilized by the Ni-C bond // Frontiers in Chemistry, 21-25 October, 2018, Yerevan, Armenia, ACF2018 PS064. (Best Poster Presentation)
- Saghyan A.S., Mkrtchyan A.F., Mardiyan Z.Z, Hayriyan L.A., Adonts H.V. Asymmetric synthesis of new enantiomerically enriched α-amino acids // Frontiers in Chemistry, 21-25 October, 2018, Yerevan, Armenia, ACF2018 C35. (Oral Presentation)
- Saghyan A., Mkrtchyan A., Hayriyan L., Mardiyan Z., Simonyan H. Efficient method for the synthesis of novel enantiomerically enriched derivates of unsaturated amino acids // Book of Abstracts of 16th Belgian Organic Synthesis Symposium, July 8-13, 2018, Brussels, p. 289. (Poster Presentation)
- Hayriyan L.A., Mkrtchyan A.F., Mardiyan Z.Z., Karapetyan A.J., Simonyan H.M. and Saghyan A.S. Asymmetric synthesis of enantiomerically enriched new analogs of NiII complexes of (S)-propargylglycine // 4th International Scientific Conference of Young Researchers “Biotechnology, Science and Practice”, September 28-30, 2017, Yerevan, Armenia. (Oral Presentation)
- Mkrtchyan A.F., Saghyan A.S., Hayriyan L.A., Karapetyan A.J., Mardiyan Z.Z., Simonyan H. and Adonc H. Efficient method for the synthesis of novel enantiomerically enriched derivatives of propargylglycine // 5th International Conference on Green Chemistry and Technology, 6th International Conference on Environmental Chemistry and Engineering, July 24-26, 2017, Rome Italy. (Oral Presentation)
- Mkrtchyan A.F., Hayriyan L, Mardiyan Z.Z., Karapetyan A.J., Simonyan H.M., Saghyan A.S. Asymmetric synthesis of enantiomerically enriched new analogs of bis-(S)-prpoargylglycine // 7th International Conference on Chemistry and Chemical Engineering (ICCCE 2016), Aug 14-16, 2016, Porto, Portugal. (Oral Presentation)
- Saghyan A.S., Mkrtchyan A.F., Petrosyan S.G., Yedoyan J.A., Simonyan A.M., Geolchanyan A.V., Langer P., Petrosyan A.M. Asymmetric synthesis of new enantiomerically enriched α-amino acids // 14th International Congress on Amino Acids, Peptides and Proteins, August 3-7, 2015, Vienna, Amino Acids, v. 47, p. 1633.
- Geolchanyan A.V., Saghyan A.S., Mkrtchyan A.F., Petrosyan S.G., Simonyan H.M., Maleev V.I., Belokon Yu.N., Schibli R., Krasikov R.N. Metallocomplex precursors for the synthesis of 18 ffluorinated aromatic amino acids labelled in alpha fluoromethyl moiety // 14th International Congress on Amino Acids, Peptides and Proteins, August 3-7, 2015, Vienna, p. 627. (Poster Presentation)
Anna Mkrtchyan - YSU Gold Medal (2019)
Anna Mkrtchyan - State Award of the Republic of Armenia (2015)